Tue. Jul 26th, 2022

HON. JERRY UZOSIKE COMMENCES CONSTRUCTION OF A THREE BEDROOM BUNGALOW FOR A VICTIM OF A FIRE INCIDENT.

The Member Representing Umuahia South State Constituency, Chief Jerry Uzosike, has commenced construction of a three bedroom bungalow for a victim of a fire incident, Mr. Ikechukwu Ekwueme of Abam Ubakala which saw his former house razed town recently.

Speaking during the foundation laying ceremony, Chief Uzosike said that the news of the fire incident came to him as a shock when the Ubakala Youths League Federated led by the President General, Comrade Patrick Nduaguibe visited him in his office to formally request his assistance.

   Chief Uzosike who was deeply touched by the damages caused by the inferno also thanked God that no life was lost and directed the Zonal Coordinator Ogechi Cares Organization, Chief Ifeanyi Duke to immediately locate a widow at Mgbaraukwu Ubakala who will benefit from his Ogechi Cares Organization housing project scheme.

He disclosed that more than ten indigent widows and widowers have benefited from his foundation housing project,t while attributing the success recorded in Umuahia South to God, the support of  Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, Speaker,  Abia House of Assembly, Chief Chinedum Orji and PDP Stakeholders in the area.

 In their remarks the Leader Umuahia South Legislative Council, Mr. Denis Okorie, PDP Chairman Ubakala Ward B, Mr. Cyprian Obia and a Youth Leader from Abam Ubakala, Mr.  Mishack Aboh said that Chief Uzosike has continued to demonstrate good governance to the people and commended him for keeping to his promise in ensuring a benefitting shelter to the victim of the fire incident Mr. Ekwueme.

Also Speaking the President General Abam Ubakala Development Association, Sir Nwachukwu Jim-Young and Woman Leader, Abam Ubakala Development Association, Mrs. Ngozi Peter expressed gratitude to Chief Uzosike for the quick intervention to the victim of the fire incident while commending him for his efforts in ensuring democracy dividends gets to all nooks and crannies of Umuahia South Local Government Area. Responding, the victim of the fire incident Mr. Ikechukwu Ekwueme said that on 19TH of this month while he was asleep with his family he noticed sounds and rushed out to see that smoke had already engulfed his house and immediately alerted the neighborhood who battled in vain to save the house and thanked Chief Uzosike for coming to his rescue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.